How do I get help with anything from BMD?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

martinav

How do I get help with anything from BMD?

PostSun May 01, 2022 1:27 am

I am having zero success trying to get any help from BMD on forums nor support requests. I have submitted two email support requests, and have heard nothing back. I do not get any confirmation emails etc. It also takes 2-3 business days for my forum posts to be approved, and once they are, they get zero 'hang time' at the top of the heap, because submission date is the date I write the request, and not the date that its posted. So, 3 days later, its already two screens down.

It has been a week, and I have a Decklink 4k extreme 12g that does not show any devices in WIn10Pro device manager. I need this card replaced, repaired, whatever. However, I have no idea how to get anyones attention.

PLEASE ADVISE!

Thank you.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: How do I get help with anything from BMD?

PostSun May 01, 2022 4:18 am

You dont mention if you have installed or run the Desktop Video setup.. but the support phone numbers are on this web page.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

martinav

Re: How do I get help with anything from BMD?

PostSun May 01, 2022 10:44 am

Nope nothin. Without devices in the device manager, they wont show in that either. But regardless, nothing nowhere. I have tried old versions too. 10.5, 11.5, 12.2.2 none work.

Connecting to USB tells me the card need an update every time. It performs the update, says its complete... then next time I connect it to usb, it says it needs an update again. Not sure if this is just standard procedure using the usb port, but that is the only life this card has had.

Yes, I have the power connected too. I have tried on 3 pcs... nothing!

Return to Off-Topic