Forum suggestion / question

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

landyvlad

Forum suggestion / question

PostThu Dec 15, 2022 5:54 am

There doesn't seem to be anywhere (aside from the cinematography forum for BM cameras) specfic to various hardware that BM sells.
Most I suppose it DV Resolve related but even putting it in that forum the two get intermingled and lost. Perhaps a separate forum board (or a sub-forum board within the resolve forum board) for hardware would be useful.
Probably the two most frequently discussed of BMs Resolve hardware products would be the Resolve Keyboard and Resolve Speed Editor.
It's be great to have an easy way to go to see all threads related to those things.

I have been using search and looking at the website and many of the questions that occur to me don't appear to be answered in the available material.
This has lead me to post threads like this one which could quite possibly be avoided if I could readily go back and see other posts on the topic.
Resolve Studio 18.6 | OS Win11 | Gigabyte x570 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 RAM | Asus Strix 3090 OC 24GB GPU (studio drivers)

If I ask basic questions - in the immortal words of Sissy Spacek, “I may be ignorant but I ain’t stupid!

Ellory Yu

Re: Forum suggestion / question

PostThu Dec 15, 2022 7:44 am

They are usually discussed in the Post Production and Live Production forum. Your Resolve keyboard question was on the right forum. The reason that you may not get any discussion going could be because folks who buys the DVR keyboard does not use it as a general keyboard. My DVR workstation is only use for Resolve and nothing else. I used a Keyboard with DVR shortcuts, a color panel, the speed editor, and other devices but all of them are just for use with Resolve. Besides the OS and DVR plug-ins, there are no other software apps installed.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

landyvlad

PostFri Dec 16, 2022 10:20 am

Ah ok gotcha. Cheers

I was kinda at least wanting to know IF it can be set up for use with various other programs or not.
At my budget if it can't I won't be buying it. (for now anyway)
Resolve Studio 18.6 | OS Win11 | Gigabyte x570 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 RAM | Asus Strix 3090 OC 24GB GPU (studio drivers)

If I ask basic questions - in the immortal words of Sissy Spacek, “I may be ignorant but I ain’t stupid!

Jim Simon

PostThu Jan 05, 2023 10:47 pm

Camera hardware questions would go in the Cinematography form.

Keyboard, Panel, Console and Storage hardware questions would go in the Resolve forum.

Cintel Scanner...not sure.

Everything else would go in the Live Production forum.

My thinking, anyway.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to Off-Topic