video editing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Judith

video editing

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 12:19 pm

Hi everyone!
I've just registered on the forum. Could you please tell me if you use video editing applications? I mean not difficult to use applications. I've never used one before, I want to start learning with something simple.

Charles Bennett

Re: Video editing

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 9:26 pm

As this is a forum on Blackmagic Design's website, you will find most people are using DaVinci Resolve, though there are also users of Premier Pro, Avid Media Composer, and FCPX. All of these are considered professional editing programs.

There are of course simpler consumer orientated video editing programs available many of which are free.
If you want something really simple, Windows has a Video Editor built in which you will find under V in the Windows Start Menu.

Take a look at the training materials provided by Blackmagic which you will find here.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/training
Though Resolve contains a lot of features you don't have to learn them all, or be intimidated by them, to begin editing. There are also plenty of how-to videos on YouTube for all the different editors..
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Judith

Re: Video editing

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 9:12 pm

Thank you for your response!
I watched the video, thanks for the link! There really are a lot of features, but the program gives a lot of possibilities, I like that!

Return to DaVinci Resolve