I can't seem to purchase DR Studio.

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

DirkMittler

I can't seem to purchase DR Studio.

PostSun Feb 19, 2023 6:35 am

Hello.

I thought it would be routine, to purchase a license for DaVinci Resolve Studio online, and proceeded to try. I live in Canada.

Yet, a number of times, I completed the PayPal information, and only obtained a Payment Error message.

I'd still like to be a customer.

What could I be doing wrong?

Dirk

Brad Hurley

Re: I can't seem to purchase DR Studio.

PostSun Feb 19, 2023 11:38 am

Which reseller are you trying to buy it from? Blackmagic Design does not sell any of its products directly; you have to go through one of their resellers.

If you want to buy it online from a Canadian reseller, go to Vistek, AVShop, DV Shop, Annex Pro, or Music City Canada. Complete directory of resellers is at https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/resellers/
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

DirkMittler

PostSun Feb 19, 2023 12:03 pm

Thank you for explaining that to me; I did not know.

AVShop seems to be the only company which sells it favorably, and one problem with my buying it from them seems to be, that they'd also sell me a physical copy of the software. One big problem with agreeing to that would be, that I'd either get a Windows or macOS version, while what I presently have installed, is the (free) Linux version.

I guess it would be more complex than I thought.

Thanks again for the info.

Dirk

Charles Bennett

PostSun Feb 19, 2023 12:21 pm

On the BM website page click on the flag top right, select your country, then go to the bottom of the page and click on Resellers under the Support heading.
Alternatively, you can buy direct from Blackmagic if they support your country.
In the Products tab select DaVinci Resolve and Fusion, click on the DaVinci Resolve Studio panel, and scroll down the page to here, then click on Buy Online Now. Here's the page for Canada.
Attachments
Product Page.jpg
Product Page.jpg (242.45 KiB) Viewed 5167 times
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 20, 2023 1:47 am

DirkMittler wrote:Thank you for explaining that to me; I did not know.

AVShop seems to be the only company which sells it favorably, and one problem with my buying it from them seems to be, that they'd also sell me a physical copy of the software. One big problem with agreeing to that would be, that I'd either get a Windows or macOS version, while what I presently have installed, is the (free) Linux version.

Dirk

The studio license works for Mac windows and Linux OS. No one is able to sell anything other than this. You download the software from the support site and enter the activation key u have purchased.
Don’t loose the key. It’s like cash in that aspect.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

BMD Web Engineering

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 20, 2023 3:14 am

Hi Dirk,

It is possible to purchase a DaVinci Resolve license on-line in Canada using the "Buy Online Now" button on the Resolve pages.

You will need your 'State' set in the address you submit during the PayPal transaction. (i.e. Province/Territory in Canada).

If you are using a PayPal account please ensure that the 'State' field is set in your address and
if using guest checkout, please enter your state during the check out process.

Thanks,
Martin
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 2.11.50 pm.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 2.11.50 pm.png (166.46 KiB) Viewed 5081 times

Brad Hurley

PostMon Feb 20, 2023 1:37 pm

BMD Web Engineering wrote:It is possible to purchase a DaVinci Resolve license on-line in Canada using the "Buy Online Now" button on the Resolve pages.

Wow, this is great news! I didn't realize this became a possibility; it wasn't back when I bought Resolve.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

SkierEvans

PostMon Feb 20, 2023 1:42 pm

DirkMittler wrote:Thank you for explaining that to me; I did not know.

Dirk

The physical copy is often just a card with the license number on it. It is like cash do not loose it. As others have said just download the software from the BlackMagic site for the OS you want to use. You will then have to put in that license number when you launch the software the first time. Make sure you download the Studio version not the free version.
Threadripper 1920, Gigabyte X399 DESIGNARE EX, 32G RAM, Gigabyte 4070Ti 12G, ASUS PB328Q, IP4K, WIN10 Pro 22H2, Speed Editor

Resolve Studio 18, EDIUS 9WG,EDIUS X WG, Vegas 18

Studio Max M1 24 core GPU, 32G, 1T drive. iPad Pro 12.9` M2 16G, 1T

DirkMittler

PostMon Feb 20, 2023 4:37 pm

The purchase of the activation key from a reseller was a success.

Now I have the problem, that Davinci Resolve is installed and working (under Linux), but that I do not know where to enter the key (to obtain Davinci Resolve Studio).

Can somebody please tell me, under what menu one does that?

Dirk

DirkMittler

PostMon Feb 20, 2023 5:19 pm

I'm sorry that I rushed ahead with my desire to set up Davinci Resolve Studio, without first reading the instructions which some of you provided right here.

So yes, what I did was, to download DR Studio, even though I already had Davinci Resolve installed, to uninstall Davinci Resolve, and then to install Davinci Resolve Studio.

It has accepted my activation key, and everything is fine. The project was successful. :)

Thank you for all the help,
Dirk

Return to Off-Topic