Best option to sell 6x - Micro Studio 4K Cameras

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

mediazone

Best option to sell 6x - Micro Studio 4K Cameras

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 1:22 am

Hello, does anyone have experience selling BMD Cameras to platforms like Adorama, or can recommend other platforms to sell besides FB Marketplace/Offerup?

I have 6x MicroStudio 4k Cams + 6x LUMIX 35-100 lenses that I am looking to sell. Include all original accessories, power, and boxes etc.

Facebook and Offerup don’t really seem like ideal platforms as it’s a very specific camera and looking for a haggle+hassle free sale of all cameras in one go.

I appreciate any advice!
Mike - CoFounder of Media Zone
MediaZoneStudios.com

David_smith

Re: Best option to sell 6x - Micro Studio 4K Cameras

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 9:08 pm

One platform you may want to consider selling your BMD Cameras on is B&H Photo Video, as they are a well-known and reputable retailer of photography and video equipment. Another option is to sell your cameras on eBay, which has a large user base and allows for easy transactions.

You could also try reaching out to other camera stores or resellers to see if they are interested in purchasing your cameras in bulk. Some other options may include Adorama, KEH Camera, or Amazon.

Regardless of which platform you choose, make sure to provide detailed information and images of your cameras, and be clear about your asking price and any conditions of the sale.

rafaelrobertson

Re: Best option to sell 6x - Micro Studio 4K Cameras

PostThu May 11, 2023 11:07 am

mediazone wrote:Hello, does anyone have experience selling BMD Cameras to platforms like Adorama, or can recommend other platforms to sell besides FB Marketplace/Offerup?

I have 6x MicroStudio 4k Cams + 6x LUMIX 35-100 lenses that I am looking to sell. Include all original accessories, power, and boxes etc.

Facebook and Offerup don’t really seem like ideal platforms as it’s a very specific camera and looking for a haggle+hassle free sale of all cameras in one go.
Nail Blog
I appreciate any advice!

Dedicated camera equipment platforms: Consider using dedicated online platforms that specialize in buying and selling camera equipment. Some popular options include B&H Photo Video, KEH Camera, MPB, and LensAuthority. These platforms have established reputations in the camera industry and attract a targeted audience of photographers and videographers.

Online marketplaces: In addition to Facebook Marketplace and OfferUp, you can explore other online marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, and Craigslist. These platforms allow you to reach a broader audience and potentially find buyers interested in purchasing all the cameras in one go.

Camera-specific forums and communities: Join camera-related forums or communities where photographers and videographers gather to discuss and buy/sell equipment. Examples include FredMiranda, Digital Photography Review (DPReview) forums, and Reddit's r/photomarket or r/videomarket subreddits. Engaging with these communities can help you connect with potential buyers who are specifically interested in camera gear.

Local camera stores: Reach out to local camera stores or camera rental businesses to inquire if they purchase used equipment or offer consignment services. Some stores may be interested in buying your equipment directly or helping you sell it to their customer base.

Networking and word of mouth: Spread the word among your network of fellow photographers, videographers, and industry professionals. They may be interested in purchasing your equipment or know someone who is. Attend local camera club meetings, workshops, or industry events to connect with potential buyers.

Regardless of the platform you choose, it's important to provide detailed and accurate descriptions of your equipment, including its condition, any accessories included, and high-quality images. Pricing competitively and responding promptly to inquiries can help facilitate a smoother and hassle-free sale.

As always, exercise caution and follow best practices when selling online, such as using secure payment methods and shipping options, and verifying the legitimacy of potential buyers before finalizing any transactions.

Return to Off-Topic