Monitor advice!

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Itsmesophia

Monitor advice!

PostMon Apr 17, 2023 6:12 pm

As I am not well-versed in monitors, could you recommend some affordable options for business and general use, except for Apple products? I have decided to transition from a laptop to a monitor for my business needs.

David_smith

Re: Monitor advice!

PostThu Apr 20, 2023 5:59 pm

Personally, I'd go with ASUS. In my personal experience and when I did a bit of research yesterday, ASUS came out on top in the sub $300 range.

The recommendations I made were for general use in an office. Doing spreadsheets, web browsing, email, etc. They're low blue light monitors, so they cause less eye strain.

If you needed high color accuracy for video or photo editing, graphic design, or similar, that's a whole other ballgame.

But if you are still confused on what to buy then you should consider these resources https://sturdybusiness.com/best-business-monitors-under-200/
https://www.gadgetreview.com/best-asus-monitor
https://www.amazon.com/Monitors-Lenovo-Computers-Accessories/s?rh=n%3A1292115011%2Cp_89%3ALenovo

Also, I own what's basically the older version of that 27" monitor I recommended... going on near 10 years now.

Jim Simon

PostThu Apr 27, 2023 10:32 pm

One thing to consider is matching the size with the proper resolution.

1080 - 24" minimum
1440 - 27" minimum
2160 - 32" minimum

And...if you're using Resolve, you'll want at least a 27" monitor.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

rafaelrobertson

PostFri Apr 28, 2023 6:53 pm

Itsmesophia wrote:As I am not well-versed in monitors, could you recommend some affordable options for business and general use, except for Apple products? I have decided to transition from a laptop to a monitor for my business needs. visita

here is some sugestion for you
Dell P2219H - This 21.5-inch monitor from Dell is a great choice for those on a budget. It offers a full HD resolution of 1920x1080, and has a slim design that looks great on any desk. It also features a range of connectivity options, including HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA.

HP VH240a - The HP VH240a is a 23.8-inch monitor that offers a full HD resolution of 1920x1080. It also features an adjustable stand that allows you to tilt, swivel, and adjust the height of the monitor to suit your needs. It also has built-in speakers, which is a nice touch for those who don't want to use external speakers.

ViewSonic VX2457-MHD - This 24-inch monitor from ViewSonic is a great choice for those who want a larger screen size. It offers a full HD resolution of 1920x1080, and also features a built-in speaker system. It also has a range of connectivity options, including HDMI and VGA.

ASUS VA24EHE - This 23.8-inch monitor from ASUS is another great choice for those who want a larger screen size. It offers a full HD resolution of 1920x1080, and also features an adjustable stand that allows you to tilt and adjust the height of the monitor. It also has a range of connectivity options, including HDMI and VGA.

All of these monitors are affordable and offer great value for money. Depending on your specific needs and preferences, one of these options should work well for your business and general use.

Return to Off-Topic