BMCC 2.5k parts or old BMCC 2.5k for repair. Help please!!

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Khorilamar4

BMCC 2.5k parts or old BMCC 2.5k for repair. Help please!!

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 2:29 pm

Hey BM family, I have a BMCC 2.5k EF that I love and recently I was removing a lens and believed that’s when a contact prong on the lens mount had popped out. I still have the spring and prong. Wanted to know if ANYONE knows where I could source a lens contact strip or if anyone has an old unit they would sell for parts?

I really like using this camera and am trying to see if I can repair this one before I buy another one.

Ellory Yu

Re: BMCC 2.5k parts or old BMCC 2.5k for repair. Help please

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 4:22 pm

Since you have the spring and contact prong, you might be able to figure out how to install it back, unless something is broken that prohibits you to put it back together. If you're not inclined to do, if there is a camera repair place in your vicinity, you can see if they can help you out, but usually that will cost you some money, up to a few hundred dollars, granting the spring and prong can be put back together. Otherwise it is hard to find just those spare unless you find a non-working camera and can get it for less that $100. In the latter case, I suggest if you really just want to stay with a BMCC 2.5K for any reason, then just get another working 2.5K from EBay and keep your existing one for parts. They go for around $500 to $750 but here's one that you might be able to make an offer and get it probably for less than $500. That will be cheaper than having to get it repaired.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364221657299?h ... R4LQ28D2YQ

or here's another you can make an offer and either replace yours with it or just for parts.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225544886917?_ ... 101224.m-1
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Khorilamar4

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 5:02 pm

That’s what I was thinking. ( trying to pop the spring and prong back in. When I did try to do it the spring would pop it back out. I’ll play with it a little more today. The camera still works I just can’t control the iris or auto focus anymore. Thanks for the eBay link. Worst case will be buying one from there and parting my existing one out.

rafaelrobertson

PostFri May 19, 2023 3:15 pm

Khorilamar4 wrote:Hey BM family, I have a BMCC 2.5k EF that I love and recently I was removing a lens and believed that’s when a contact prong on the lens mount had popped out. I still have the spring and prong. Wanted to know if ANYONE knows where I could source a lens contact strip or if anyone has an old unit they would sell for parts? Best Car Broker

I really like using this camera and am trying to see if I can repair this one before I buy another one.

If you're looking for a lens contact strip or a spare part for your BMCC 2.5k EF camera, there are a few options you can explore:

Contact the manufacturer: Reach out to Blackmagic Design, the company behind the BMCC camera, and inquire about the availability of spare parts. They may be able to assist you in sourcing the specific contact strip or provide guidance on where to find it.

Camera repair shops: Contact local camera repair shops or service centers that specialize in repairing Blackmagic cameras. They might have access to spare parts or be able to source them for you.

Online marketplaces and forums: Explore online marketplaces like eBay or camera gear-specific platforms where individuals sell used camera equipment. Additionally, join camera-related forums or communities where photographers and videographers discuss gear and repairs. You can post a request for the specific part you need, and someone may have an old unit or spare part they are willing to sell.

Remember to provide detailed information about the camera model, the specific part you're looking for, and any other relevant details to increase your chances of finding a suitable solution.

Return to Off-Topic