Is there a Black Magic PTZ Camera Coming Soon?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

DougHayden

Is there a Black Magic PTZ Camera Coming Soon?

PostThu May 04, 2023 3:14 pm

I'm about to speck out 2 Podcast Studios and will be using high quality PTZ Cameras. Ideally I want to keep as much of the setup with Black Magic Solutions. Is there a Black Magic PTZ Camera coming in the near future? If not why not .... Almost all my clients and our production team think PTZ cameras are ideal for our work.

detlev

Re: Is there a Black Magic PTZ Camera Coming Soon?

PostMon May 08, 2023 7:26 am

A PTZ unit without camera would be nice. So we can put on it what we already have ...
Maybe with an SDI-Converter or ethernet switch inside or something like this ...

Detlev
Detlev Habicht
Institute of Microelectronic Systems
Leibniz Universität Hannover

Xtreemtec

PostMon May 08, 2023 11:17 am

detlev wrote:A PTZ unit without camera would be nice. So we can put on it what we already have ...
Maybe with an SDI-Converter or ethernet switch inside or something like this ...

Detlev

You really think BMD would provide a PT head that has no camera? If they want you to keep into their ecosystem.. They certainly will not offer a way to add a camera of a different brand.

Anyway my take on PTZ from BMD. It will not happen.. Too much hardware.. BMD is not a strong company in building physical.. They basically build most of there units as 1 PCB with a BIG FPGA.. Everything is electronics with firmware into a shell of metal.

A PTZ consist of a lot of technical parts, motors, gears, bearings, etc etc.. Means it will be 90% technical hardware en 10% electronics. Which is the 10% that BMD is good at.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Howard Roll

PostTue May 09, 2023 4:26 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:A PTZ consist of a lot of technical parts, motors, gears, bearings, etc etc.. Means it will be 90% technical hardware en 10% electronics. Which is the 10% that BMD is good at..

Even if they did there are virtually no lenses for MFT or S35 that can compete with the 10-20X lenses that are standard with most PTZs. You can't really slap a lens on a PTZ either because it will ruin the balance and kill the motors. You either have a box on a head or an integrated PTZ which means BM needs to come up with with a small sensor, 10X zoom, AF, IS , etc., Yeah I'd bet money on no.

Good Luck

Xtreemtec

PostThu May 11, 2023 9:30 am

Howard Roll wrote:You can't really slap a lens on a PTZ either because it will ruin the balance and kill the motors. You either have a box on a head or an integrated PTZ which means BM needs to come up with with a small sensor, 10X zoom, AF, IS , etc., Yeah I'd bet money on no.

Sony FR7 users would dis-agree with you :lol: Which is what BMD could do as design too.. But i dont see it happen.. Especially NOT with there MFT mount love that BMD has but the whole broadcast industry hates... :roll: :roll:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

humantekpk

PostTue May 16, 2023 4:39 am

Blackmagic's Studio line of cameras got a major new model today. The new Super 35 format Studio Camera 6K Pro builds on the design and usability of the company's prior Studio options, but adds some advanced features that set it apart. Like past Studio Cameras, this keeps the slim profile, 7-inch rear HDR screen, and broadcast-grade hardline connections like 12G-SDI, 10Gbit/s ethernet, and XLR for audio. Moreover, the built-in tally lamp, large side handles, and pop-up screen shade truly make this ready for studio duty.

DougHayden

PostWed May 17, 2023 9:43 pm

Kim Janson wrote:Well, we have a solution.

and older B4 lens control via the camera also

and can support also multiple cameras, this installation was very experimental :D

But these have been for custom builds. often integrated to control system the customer has. The computer SW we had is no more supported.

However the Micro Studio 4k camera has the Pan Tilt control, kind of speciality no one used but we have tested it with our gimbal and works. So if you can control Pan and Tilt over SDI it can be fed to our gimbal control trough the Micro Studio 4k camera.

Currently we are focusing to this, dedicated control with dedicated control devices, using also LoupeDeck Live and StremDeck controllers as part of the system, but we will also provide the interface and support integrating it to existing control systems.

LVZ360.jpg

https://youtube.com/shorts/cqX7-BOnLDY?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/RN48L_c3E3c?feature=share

So as it is we can not provide an off the shelf solution, but happy to look into providing a project for anyone needing excellent pan tilt head (, with roll if needed).

and if you need a big gimbal, no problem

IMG_3830.jpg

https://youtube.com/shorts/M4xIFLhg9pU?feature=share

Thanks for all the info ... I'm looking for a clean new solution like Sony or Canon

Return to Off-Topic