Technical Problem With This Forum

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Pete41

Technical Problem With This Forum

PostFri May 05, 2023 3:15 pm

Your login webpage keeps remembering the user's old password and not the current one after they've changed to a new password using the edit profile page. I've tried changing the original password I made up personally because it was too weak and got LastPass to choose a much stronger one, but when I logged out and tried to log back in with the new password, your log-in webpage would not accept it. I could only log in with the old, weak password I made up myself.

To test this I changed the password again using the edit profile page with another LastPass-generated password, and again your log-in page rejected it. When I entered the previous/first LastPass-generated password the log-in page accepted it. I can now log in using my previous/first LasPass password but not the latest/second LastPass-generated password.

So, there's something not right with the way your edit profile page is processing changed passwords.

Ellory Yu

Re: Technical Problem With This Forum

PostSat May 06, 2023 5:55 am

I wouldn’t worry to much about having a weak password. After all this is just a forum of conversations about some things of interest, nothing that really has anything to protect like personal data other than name that can be stolen, unless you want to share your personal data to the public.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Return to Off-Topic