A website that helps beginner editors

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

DrizzyRascal

A website that helps beginner editors

PostWed Jul 26, 2023 2:37 pm

Firstly I will say what I am after:

I have a real drive an inspiration to edit video and I one day want to create a film from start to finish. Do you know if there is a website out there, that would allow for me to get experience in editing film grade videos. So for example the filming has been done already and they are just wanting people to edit and play around with it.

I asked this to ChatGPT (the world is doomed or not) and it led me to a fantastic website that meets my needs called [url]EditStock.com[/url].

One problem... It is a Pay per film website and as a editor I would quite like to be able to edit professional-quality raw footage from various genres for educational and practice purposes without having to pay (is it that stingy of me to just want people to be creative?). So that I can work on and experiment with editing techniques.

I want to build a portfolio and I have been editing webinars for companies as a side hustle for the last 2 years, so I just want to gain experience in actually film so that I can one day advance my side hustle into an actual career.

GR-44_Boris

Re: A website that helps beginner editors

PostWed Jul 26, 2023 5:03 pm

Hello.

I would advise you to find a fan team that deals with films and offer them your gratuitous help. Slowly you gain experience and get work in the portfolio. Make friends and move on.

All the best,
Boris

DrizzyRascal

PostWed Jul 26, 2023 6:46 pm

GR-44_Boris wrote:Hello.

I would advise you to find a fan team that deals with films and offer them your gratuitous help. Slowly you gain experience and get work in the portfolio. Make friends and move on.

All the best,
Boris

Thanks Boris,

What do you mean by a fan team?

Thanks
James

GR-44_Boris

PostThu Jul 27, 2023 7:35 am

Any team that makes amateur films. So that you can start gaining experience with them.

Michael_Frs232

PostThu Sep 21, 2023 6:06 pm

It depends on what kind of editing you need... There are a lot of options here.
You can name Wix, WeVideo, InVideo, Clipchamp, Adobe Creative Cloud Express

garyhardy

PostThu Sep 28, 2023 5:59 pm

I understand wanting free practice footage. Look for "non-commercial use" clips or creative commons content. Also try reaching out to filmmakers and companies you've worked with to see if they'll share unused footage in exchange for free webinar editing. Wishing you the best honing your skills.

ChrisHarry

PostTue Oct 17, 2023 4:42 pm

A greater site that is helpful for people comes to Google on its own. You can just promote it on bigger sites to get Google's attention. This also goes with other camera buying and selling sites all they need is a blog post with all the necessary information about it. I have also adapted this trick from magfellow.com and it helped me alot

Return to Off-Topic