platform for sharing panoramic videos

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

rjrj21

platform for sharing panoramic videos

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 10:01 am

Hi guys,

I am a developer from Australia and I just wanted to share my idea that compliment the use of Oculus Rift

Imagine that if you could share/watch a live concert, and the viewers are able to experience watching it like they are there.

Imagine that if you could share/watch a sport news from your country and you can tune in like you are watching from the stadium itself.

Imagine that if you could watch a TV news and feel like you are there at the scene, watching the entire scene using your own very eyes.

People these days are crazy about panoramic videos which captures more details than normal videos as well as all sorts of HMDs which could bring videos closer to the viewers. What we're trying to achieve is to connect the missing links between these awesome inventions!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and my friends are developing a website where people could share their panorama videos and users can use their Avegant Glyph/Oculus Rift/ other HMD to watch these videos like you are really there!!

The idea itself could potentially attract many other media community to use this website as a platform to reach other people easily giving them a near real-life experience of watching live events and so on.

Feeling hype about the chance to watch live events without having to be there? Want to watch acoustic/pop concert at time suitable for you, in the best place of the stadium and can potentially be a lot cheaper (even free)?

If you guys think that this idea is interesting, would you mind helping me to show your support by clicking on this link
urthere.launchrock.com/

Every sign up is important for us as the more support we get, the better chances that we can get our project funded and get realized

Cheers

Return to Off-Topic