FYI . . New (non BMD)h.264 recorder

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Scott Smith

FYI . . New (non BMD)h.264 recorder

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 7:04 pm

I just got an email (read: semi-useful SPAM) about a new standalone h.264 recorder. Thought I'd share, since I often see requests on here about this type of device. I have not used it or tested it. But it might be good for some people. Here's a link,
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdca ... 0%2FVITEC/
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Oskari Mörsky

Re: FYI . . New (non BMD)h.264 recorder

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 9:40 pm

Little ot. I bought hauppange hd pvr rocket for backup recording. I love to use it and it is cheap! 170€ and recording quality is good. It records h264 packed files in to memory stick. No pc required. :)

Lähetetty minun GT-I8190 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Scott Smith

Re: FYI . . New (non BMD)h.264 recorder

PostThu Feb 20, 2014 12:33 am

I got a mild reprimand from forum admins saying to please refrain from posting soliciting links for non-BMD products. I completely understand their point if view, and really despise spam in general. Not the meat product, that is delicious. I only put this here because I see lots of people asking in threads here for a choice of products of this nature. If BMD made a product like this, I would have no need to post that.

Hey, Blackmagic Designers, why don't you make something like this? That is what many people want instead of the h.264 little box you guys have that still requires a computer to do anything. I'd buy one in a skinny minute. Optionally - or better yet, additionally - have an h.264 encoding option on Hyperdeck products. I love the ProRes422 recording, but sometimes I need h.264 as well.

While on the subject, how about making a streaming device that is self-contained, and requires no computer to operate. It would sell like hot cakes. But it needs the ability to change settings like ip addresses and video settings on the unit itself, not from a computer. If you insist on settings having to be changed from a computer, at least make it a USB functioning application from a computer, not an ip one. Two versions, perhaps? One HDMI, and the other HD-SDI? Or one with both connections. Pretty please.
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Return to Off-Topic