Dark days ahead for creative industries?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

RCModelReviews

Dark days ahead for creative industries?

PostMon Feb 19, 2024 1:04 am

Wow, AI has come a long way and now generative AI is creating some truly impressive footage.

Check out this story from Arstechnica complete with samples of the footage being generated by an OpeAI system called Sora.

There may always be a place for the traditional industry but I'm pretty sure that once such works are allowed to be copyrighted, there'll be a huge shift towards this sort of thing and away from cameras, editors, VFX and compositing in the traditional way.

Imagine how much cheaper it was to create that drone-type footage of a town in the Old West (in the Arstechnica story) than it would have been to build a set and hire a drone operator for the job.

The advertising industry will almost certainly jump at this -- seizing the opportunity to slash costs to a tiny fraction of what it currently takes to produce a commercial for TV/web.

Where do we go from here guys?
Resolve 18.1 Studio, Fusion 9 Studio
CPU: i7 8700, OS: Windows 10 32GB RAM, GPU: RTX3060
I'm refugee from Sony Vegas slicing video for my YouTube channels.

SteveW

Re: Dark days ahead for creative industries?

PostMon Feb 19, 2024 4:32 pm

Calm down. Relax.

AI is nothing to be alarmed at. It's just computer algorithms. It is nothing new. The media is always hyping some crisis.

Return to Off-Topic