Multimonitor set keeps changing on computer startup

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

CB Cut

Multimonitor set keeps changing on computer startup

PostWed Mar 13, 2024 2:10 pm

I am using DR 18.6 Studio in a multimonitor setup. I actually have 5 monitors hooked up (I know that is a lot but they come in handy during NFL season.) Anyhow. I get 3 of the monitors set up for my DR workflow, Primary, Secondary, and a Clean Feed.

If I keep my computer on and close DR, then later open up DR again, the monitors are all in their preset locations. However, if I close DR AND turn off my computer when I reboot and open DR, it still opens in multiscreen mode but the windows are not in their preset positions. Even if I go into my presets and try to use them, they are not correct.

When I turn off my computer and start it all my Windows 11 settings are the same. The monitors are numbered the same and in their same positions. Even if I open a web browser or open a file it will open on the same screen it was last opened on, so I can't believe it is a computer issue.

If you have had this issue and found away to fix it I would love your input.

Charles Bennett

Re: Multimonitor set keeps changing on computer startup

PostWed Mar 13, 2024 11:52 pm

I too, use 3 monitors for Resolve and the layout never changes. These are my Nvidia settings.
Nvidia Monitor Setup.jpg
Nvidia Monitor Setup.jpg (120.82 KiB) Viewed 614 times
Number 2, the BenQ is set as the default Windows display.
In Resolve the Eizo is receiving Video Clean Feed, the BenQ on the left is the Secondary and the Samsung on the right is the Primary.
3 Screen Edit with Clean Feed crop.jpg
3 Screen Edit with Clean Feed crop.jpg (267.22 KiB) Viewed 614 times
I don't know if it makes a difference but I run Resolve as Administrator.
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Return to Off-Topic