On Borrowed Time

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Thadlet

On Borrowed Time

PostMon Apr 15, 2024 6:18 pm

I'm a hobbyist. I recently posted the following (mostly the same) on another forum, but haven't received a response, so I'd like to ask here. If there's anything inappropriate about my post, I apologize, and I'll delete it (or please do it for me, administrators).

I'm not concerned with HDCP, I'm capturing unencrypted sources.

HDPVRCapture for Mac has been discontinued. I may be the last person in the world to be using it. It still works, but will become useless at any time. The latest glitch that I was able to solve was that a network resource (I wasn't even aware of it) stopped working to verify its license, and a crash appears to occur if authentication can't be verified via network at launch. I have my purchased license cached, so the solution was apparently to disable the network, launch the app, then re-enable the network. It's a workaround, but a precarious one. I'm well aware that system changes will eventually kill it anyway, of course.

I need to adopt a new capture system. What I want is something that can accept HDMI video input and s/pdif audio input for capturing 1080p and 1080i with 5.1 multichannel audio for my Silicon MacBook Pro (that's the capture system I have now).

Does Blackmagic offer a product that would meet my needs? Also, do you offer any senior discounts? Thanks.

Thadlet (L. Lee)

Return to Off-Topic