Snapdragon X Elite Davinci Resolve

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Daz Wood

Snapdragon X Elite Davinci Resolve

PostSun Apr 21, 2024 7:08 am

Anyone got any information on this? I'm really interested to find out more on how well it will run compared to M3 and also other PC based laptops running Intel and AMD. For someone looking to buy a laptop for Davinci Resolve is it worth waiting for Snapdragon X Elite or is this all hyped up, what do you think?
Thank you

Daz
Davinci Resolve Studio Version
ASUS Strix GL702ZC 17" laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (Desktop CPU), 32GB DDR4, Storage 256GB M.2 SSD, 2TB SSD, 4GB RX 580, Win10

roger.magnusson

Re: Snapdragon X Elite Davinci Resolve

PostSun Apr 21, 2024 9:26 am

Since neither the processor nor the required update to Resolve is released to the public yet I don't expect there will be much info available.

One nice thing about ARM for windows is that theoretically it doesn't rule out using an Nvidia/AMD GPU together with the Snapdragon, provided that drivers become available.

For buying a Windows laptop now or in the coming months, I would wait. If the thermal performance of a Snapdragon laptop is anything like an M1 it's really nice using a silent laptop.

Return to Off-Topic