I hate you BlackMagic, so much. So much.

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Bob Bozenbeck

I hate you BlackMagic, so much. So much.

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 2:57 pm

The Intensity 'Pro' card is not. At all. 8 bit?, YUV, interlaced output only? That's hardly 'uncompressed' as the box and your website say repeatedly. I won't even start on the fact that it'll only display from software with an existing video output function thereby making it impossible to color correct any monitor attached to the steaming pile of garbage with any sort of calibration device. What masochist is designing this garbage for you?

Is there anything makes that isn't a proprietary disaster or a total fraud?
Last edited by Terry Frechette on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted insulting phrase

Bob Bozenbeck

Re: I hate you BlackMagic, so much. So much.

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 6:07 pm

While I appreciate the help and suggestions we should clear a few things up;

Without a BM card in the computer you CANNOT use your GPU to compute. I've moved the cards around per Adam Roberts suggestion and Resolve still throws up 'memory full' and 'current hardware configuration' warnings if you attach more than one monitor without a BM card installed. (Way to play dirty BM).

The Intensity Pro is not something anyone should be using for color correction. It was suggested numerous times but upon further testing the Intensity Pro is profoundly awful. The primary argument FOR the use of a proprietary BM card was that in order for Resolve to be effective you needed to be working in 10 bit. If you guys are going to stick with that line of reasoning, stop suggesting the use of anything in the 'Intensity' family.

Jules Bushell

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Bob Bozenbeck wrote:Without a BM card in the computer you CANNOT use your GPU to compute. I've moved the cards around per Adam Roberts suggestion and Resolve still throws up 'memory full' and 'current hardware configuration' warnings if you attach more than one monitor without a BM card installed. (Way to play dirty BM).

That's very weird. I don't have a BM card in my machine and never had an out of memory error with Resolve. I have three 27inch 2.6K res monitors attached to my machine.

I suspect something amiss in your computer spec. What motherboard, OS, GPUs etc. you using?

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Frank Glencairn

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 10:49 pm

Bob Bozenbeck wrote:... interlaced output only?...That's hardly 'uncompressed'

Where do you get that from?
If I remember that correct, our Intensity card was absolute able to output progressive.

And yeah, what has that to do with the compression?
http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

I told you so :-)

Nilscrompton

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 2:59 am

Just use an HDLink to convert the signal to RGB.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 10:18 am

Bob Bozenbeck wrote:The Intensity 'Pro' card is not. At all. 8 bit?, YUV, interlaced output only?

The website says "10bit HDMI" and lists the following for HD Format Support:
"1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60." for the Intensity Pro.

Is that not true?
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Adam Simmons

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 6:35 am

Not on the Pro, if you read page 5 on the main Intensity section only the USB 3 and TB shuttle actually state they do 10bit
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Off-Topic