nucleus nano problems with Phone Camera App

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Dbauer33

nucleus nano problems with Phone Camera App

PostSat Nov 04, 2023 7:00 pm

I have a problem with the nucleus nano and the black magic phone camera app. It connects ok via bluetooth but when I pull focus it keeps jumping to the zoom setting and changes the zoom. It doesn't stay on the focus section and I can't lock the zoom setting to stop it from happening. Please let me know how to fix if I am missing something, or if it just a software issue,

Thanks!

David Bauer

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: nucleus nano problems with Phone Camera App

PostSun Nov 05, 2023 8:30 am

Which version on the app?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Dbauer33

PostSun Nov 05, 2023 4:16 pm

It’s the new updated 1.1 version on the iPhone 15pro

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 08, 2023 2:42 am

Try v1.2, just released

Dbauer33

PostWed Nov 08, 2023 4:43 am

I just tried it on the new version and it seems to be working better now without jumping over fully to the zoom setting when I turn the focus wheel.

Pretty smooth overall with the quick update but if I turn the focus wheel quickly it will do a quick zoom glitch and then go back to a normal functioning state. Like I said it does stay on the focus setting now full time but with a small jump glitch if I turn the wheel too fast.

So overall you guys fixed the issue but maybe some minor adjustments on the next update. Massive improvement and thanks again for all the timely work you guys put it in to this app!

Can’t thank the black magic team enough as I’m sure I’m speaking for many out there. It’s been great working with Blackmagic pocket cameras and now this camera app, thanks much!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 08, 2023 7:00 am

Thanks for feedback

innatemusic

PostWed Nov 08, 2023 7:40 am

Dbauer33 wrote:I just tried it on the new version and it seems to be working better now without jumping over fully to the zoom setting when I turn the focus wheel.

Pretty smooth overall with the quick update but if I turn the focus wheel quickly it will do a quick zoom glitch and then go back to a normal functioning state. Like I said it does stay on the focus setting now full time but with a small jump glitch if I turn the wheel too fast.

So overall you guys fixed the issue but maybe some minor adjustments on the next update. Massive improvement and thanks again for all the timely work you guys put it in to this app!

Can’t thank the black magic team enough as I’m sure I’m speaking for many out there. It’s been great working with Blackmagic pocket cameras and now this camera app, thanks much!

I'm curious. I purchased the new Nucleus Nano II and can't figure out how to get it to work with BMC. I saw another feed saying that they don't yet work together but that was on the 1.1 update. Has that changed for the current update? Thanks for your time and Kudos on this app. It's fantastic.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 09, 2023 9:19 am

v1.1 lists support for Tilta Nucleus Nano and Nucleus M lens control.
I'm not familiar with the Nano II you mention but I would try the v1.2 just in case.

innatemusic

PostFri Nov 10, 2023 12:12 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:v1.1 lists support for Tilta Nucleus Nano and Nucleus M lens control.
I'm not familiar with the Nano II you mention but I would try the v1.2 just in case.

Thank you for your response. Currently, in 1.1 and 1.2, the Tilta Nucleus Nano II does not connect which leads me to believe that it isn't yet supported. I was at Tilta and spoke with an employee there and he said that Blackmagic and Tilta were in the works of making it happen. That was a few weeks ago, around the 15th of October. I figured it would be in this current update, 1.2. Possibly in the next?

DanHen

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 3:46 pm

I have communication with Tilta CS and they said a new firmware update would be out by the end of the year

BigDog1965

PostThu Dec 07, 2023 1:01 pm

I too, am using the Nano Nucleus with V1.2 of the app. Can confirm the glitch is still an issue. While the jump in zoom is minimal the stutter in focus makes the feature fairly unusable. Hoping an update will come along in the next update. Thx

Return to Getting Started