SmartView Duo

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

edgley

SmartView Duo

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 1:31 pm

I have been offered one for £250 and wondered if anyone has any thoughts please?

As far as I am aware the advantage of the SmartView Duo over something like the FEELWORLD D71-H is that I get to display the scopes.

However, if ive researched right, the Feelworld will offer a better quality of screen and the ability to use it with software other than Resolve.

Plus the Feelworld is only £190.
iMac 5k - Monterey
DR 18.03
BMCCP 2.5k

Asgeir Hustad

Re: SmartView Duo

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 am

The SmartView Duo does not have the scope functionality built-in. That's the SmartScope Duo. The displays are just regular SDI displays, so they will work with any video source not just Resolve.

Wrt quality, it's fine, not great. The screens have good color rendition (not sure about all models, mine is decent), but they have a very poor viewing angle, so they should be mounted straight ahead in roughly the same height as your eyes.

Sander Vreuls

Re: SmartView Duo

PostSat Apr 20, 2024 9:32 am

Also note they can not be calibrated properly, they are fairly blue-ish out of the box, but you can not correct for that.
Fine for non critical previews.

Return to Getting Started