mark in and out edit not transcending to deliver in and out

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael Ivarsson

mark in and out edit not transcending to deliver in and out

PostThu May 06, 2021 8:05 pm

Hi folks,

I know, I am using an old free version of davinci resolve, we can discuss that later.
DaVinci resolve 14.0.0b.043

Anyway, when I am in edit section and mark a part of a clip as in and out, then go to deliver, and change render to in/out range, it still renders the whole full clip, I thought I had it working before but perhaps I was only markin in and out in deliver section, but it seems useless if I can´t get mark in and out in edit mode to transcend over to the deliver section just select that range for rendering.

Cheers
/Michael

Jim Simon

Re: mark in and out edit not transcending to deliver in and

PostFri May 07, 2021 1:05 pm

In versions previous to 17, In/Out marks were page independent.

In version 17, In/Out marks are supposed to be to universal across all pages, but there's a bug with that.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=128241
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Michael Ivarsson

Re: mark in and out edit not transcending to deliver in and

PostFri May 07, 2021 3:53 pm

Jim Simon wrote:In versions previous to 17, In/Out marks were page independent.

In version 17, In/Out marks are supposed to be to universal across all pages, but there's a bug with that.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=128241

Figures.
Thanks for that info.

What I did to get the workflow in edit page was to add color markers on the in and out point, that transcends over to the deliver page and just select those and then choose render in and out range, so that will have to do I guess, it´s not the fastest most direct flow, but I don´t have to go through the clip again in the deliver page and find the markers.

Return to DaVinci Resolve