Trying to get up and running with the Decklink Quad 2

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

abhii-2021

Trying to get up and running with the Decklink Quad 2

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 11:13 pm

Hi,

I'm trying something (hopefully) quite simple on the Decklink Quad 2. I am not sure this needs a forum post, maybe just some good documentation or a wiki page somewhere.

I am using Ubuntu 20.04 and the SDK 12.1. I have been able to see some input on Media Express so I know that the Driver has been successfully installed. I have been able to build the Linux x86 examples and they run but I am not sure where to go from here.

Essentially, I would like to be able to use the raw image image coming into the Decklink Quad 2 in my C++ application. That's it. I would just like to be able to view the input image data frame by frame in my C++ application and output in some way so I know its working (perhaps first as raw bytes to stdout and then later to either jpg/png or some opencv window).

We also need this ASAP for an upcoming demo. Would appreciate any help.

Thank you

abhii-2021

Re: Trying to get up and running with the Decklink Quad 2

PostThu Jun 24, 2021 3:35 pm

Okay so I am trying to run the OpenCV tutorial here:

And I am getting the following issue:
Code: Select all
StartDeckLinkCapture
Capture failed: Could not enable video input

There are a couple posts I would link here but it seems like I can't post URLs yet. (Can an admin help?) Seems like neither of them were resolved. Does anyone have any feedback [like a Blackmagic Engineer :-) ]

Return to Getting Started