Project Import Question

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jshakour

Project Import Question

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 8:39 pm

Can I start a project on my Windows machine and import it to my Mac and finish it?

Ellory Yu

Re: Project Import Question

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 1:12 am

jshakour wrote:Can I start a project on my Windows machine and import it to my Mac and finish it?

Yes. Save your project and then export the project. Assuming you can put all your media and the exported project to a drive that works in both Mac and Windows (like ExtFat), take the exported project file and clips on the Mac. You have to do the clip only once on share it somehow.

On the Mac, double click on the project file. It will import and load the project. You will likely have to relink the clips or at least those that are not showing up (in RED and Exclamation Point) on the Media bin and the timeline. Once you've done that, you can finish it on the Mac.

Note: You can only import projects from version of Resolve that are lower (up to some point) or the same version of Resolve you have on the Mac. It cannot be the other way around.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 5:16 am

moved to Resolve forum
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Uli Plank

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 8:13 am

Seconded.
But don't try to put the database on an exFAT drive, it doesn't work.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Return to DaVinci Resolve