Decklink 4K 12G not enumerated in Windows 10

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

rjameson

Decklink 4K 12G not enumerated in Windows 10

PostMon Sep 13, 2021 9:15 pm

I'm trying to install a Decklink 4K 12G Extreme in a newish computer with an Asus x570 motherboard, but it doesn't show up in Device Manager or anywhere else. The card is in a PCIe 4 16-lane slot which works fine for a Decklink Duo 2. When I install the 4K 12G card in a much older HP Xeon workstation with an Intel C602 chipset, it works fine. I've seen some posts that suggest that Blackmagic cards don't play well with Asus motherboards, but nothing definitive. I've also seen a post suggesting that removing a pull-up resistor from the Decklink card might solve the problem, but it was applicable to systems with two decklink cards, which isn't my situation. I have an Nvidia 3080 in the other PCIe 16 lane slot, in case that matters. I have power running to the Decklink card, and the fan spins. Any ideas?

Asgeir Hustad

Re: Decklink 4K 12G not enumerated in Windows 10

PostTue Sep 14, 2021 7:06 am

The Decklink Duo 2 only requires a 4x PCIe-lane, and although the slot may be physically 16x, the motherboard may have routed some of those lanes to other things.

Worth a check to verify this setting in the BIOS / UEFI or the manual. Consumer motherboards especially have this annoying design where the slot may be 16x, but you can never get full speed on the link.

rjameson

Re: Decklink 4K 12G not enumerated in Windows 10

PostTue Sep 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Thanks for the response. The PCIe slot the decklink card is in goes to the chipset, so while it's 16 lanes at the slot, it's going to bottleneck going to the processor. Nevertheless, I would expect the card to be detected by Windows.

Return to Getting Started