Usage of clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Kosmonavt

Usage of clips

PostTue Dec 07, 2021 8:20 am

There are a lot of clips in my project. I cannot allow the same one to be used multiple times. There is an option that lets you see where this clip is being used. But how can you identify duplicates quickly? It's a very long time to click on each and watch.

So I need to find duplicates quickly. They are on DIFFERENT timelines, so highlighting on Edit page cannot help me.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Usage of clips

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 7:38 am

moved to Resolve forum
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Andy Mees

Re: Usage of clips

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 11:31 am

In the Menu Bar, select View menu > Show Duplicate Frames to show visually in the timeline where frames have been used more than once within the same timeline.

In the Timeline, right-click on a clip instance and use the Duplicated Frames submenu to quickly view and navigate to duplicate frame usage instances within the same timeline.

In the Media Pool, switch to List view and enable the Usage column ... it will show the total number of times each clip has been used within the Project ie regardless of timeline.

In the Media Pool, right-click on a clip and use the Usage submenu to quickly navigate to duplicate usage instances within the active timeline.

Possible workflow suggestion for you: if you need to check for duplicates across multiple timelines, when appropriate, create a temporary 'master' timeline and edit the contents of each of your multiple timelines into that temp master. Now, use Show Duplicate Frames together with the Duplicated Frames and Usage submenus to quickly note where any duplicate media issues may have occurred.

Hope it helps
Andy
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Return to DaVinci Resolve