Intensity 4k - Video not showing up in BlackMagic

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Skrappi

Intensity 4k - Video not showing up in BlackMagic

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 6:53 am

Hello all, very new to video capture. Short story, bought an intensity 4k PCI capture card to capture old video tapes. Running Windows 10 on a ridiculously souped-up new PC. Connected the video out from the video camera to the analog right and left audio. The video is connected to the green 8 Y IN connector. When I open the Black Magic Media express utility it does not show the video in the window. I switched the video out to the blue 9 B-Y IN cable with the same results.

I checked in the Black Magic desktop video setup utility and everything is set to composite.

The video was playing on the video camera in VCR 'play" mode.

I checked the device manager and the card is showing up with no errors.

Any advice? I am completely new to this. I did go through the manuals but they are very vague regarding troubleshooting and nothing specific to this problem.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

makoe29

Re: Intensity 4k - Video not showing up in BlackMagic

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 11:26 am

I had the same problems after the latest Windows updates, but I use a UltraStudio Mini Recorder. The device was detected, but BlackMagic Media Express and my own capture program only detect black frames. Also an update to Desktop Video 12.2.2. didn't bring a change.
Now after removing the windows updates it works.

Maybe this hint helps you.

Return to Getting Started