Buffalo Terastation 32 TB compatibility with BM Cloud.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

TroyFerguson

Buffalo Terastation 32 TB compatibility with BM Cloud.

PostFri May 27, 2022 10:52 pm

So can I and does it benefit me to purchase a Buffalo Tera station, 32 TB, NAS. Will it function with BM cloud and I believe it is compatible with Dropbox. Would it interact with BM cloud or do I need to in addition purchase the BM cloud Pod. Would like to get this right the first time. My agenda is to purchase a storage device that is not thousands of dollars, as I can purchase the 32 TB Buffalo for $1500. Thanks in advance.

Bob Zelin

Re: Buffalo Terastation 32 TB compatibility with BM Cloud.

PostWed Jun 01, 2022 9:02 pm

I am not familiar with the Buffalo Terastation, but I install tons of QNAP and Synology NAS systems. I can assure you that you can have a QNAP or Synology (and probably Terastation) sync with a Blackmagic Design Cloud Pod. I have done it. You setup Hybrid Backup Sync or Hybrid Mount (QNAP) or Hyper Backup (Synology) to sync to a Dropbox folder. You now setup your BMD Cloud Pod to sync to that same Dropbox folder. And anything that you drag into the QNAP or Synology, will now appear on the Cloud Pod drive (of course, it takes time to download that stuff - because you are at the mercy of your internet speeds) - which is why you use Proxy footage for this in real life.

So yea - if the Terastation can sync to Dropbox - the answer to your question is YES !
Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin
bobzelin@icloud.com
www.bobzelin.com

Return to Post Production