Ultrastudio Express / Breakout cable / Intensity Pro

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

BecherJ

Ultrastudio Express / Breakout cable / Intensity Pro

PostMon Aug 08, 2022 4:48 pm

Hi! I have been lucky and bought a second hand Ultrastudio Express without a breakout cable. Because I live in Switzerland it seems quite complicated to PM Blackmagic and let them ship a replacement to me. When I looked at some different breakout cables I noticed that the one from the Intensity Pro seems to have the same connector as the Ultrastudio Express. If any of you have information about if the Intensity Pro one might work on the Ultrastudio Express I would appreciate it very much.

Sadly I can't post the link for the Intensity Pro breakout cable but you could find it on Google.

Greets,
Jannis

Howard Roll

Re: Ultrastudio Express / Breakout cable / Intensity Pro

PostTue Aug 09, 2022 8:05 am

If you go all the way back to the manual for Desktop Video 9.9.2 there is a connection diagram for these models. The RCA breakout appears to be shared by the Intensity Pro, and Extreme. The BNC breakout with RS-422 looks to be the same as the Decklink HD Extreme, 3D, and 4K.

Good Luck

58.png
58.png (243.88 KiB) Viewed 1132 times

kartnkrazy

Re: Ultrastudio Express / Breakout cable / Intensity Pro

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 2:24 pm

I have an UltraStudio Express with a sealed consumer breakout cable in the box. The label says the cable is made by Amphenol and the part number is 88010117-000.

I am pretty sure this is the same cable as used on the Intensity Pro and Intensity Pro 4K. These are often readily available from third party sellers on ebay.

Hope this helps anyone anyone with the same query.

Return to Getting Started