TV Studio HD won't recognize Web Presenter HD signal

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Alastair

TV Studio HD won't recognize Web Presenter HD signal

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 5:51 pm

Hi all

My integration struggle continues! Thanks again for all your help so far.

I had hoped to feed my Web Presenter's monitor out back into the switcher so I could see it in the switcher's multiview. This approach works fine for my Hyperdeck HD+ but I just get a black screen from the web presenter.

I've tried SDI and HDMI connections, I've triple checked the video standard (1080p 29.97), all to no avail.
I have confirmed the web presenter monitor out is working by attaching directly to my screen.

Is this just an impossible thing?
Anyone know why?

thanks

Alastair

Xtreemtec

Re: TV Studio HD won't recognize Web Presenter HD signal

PostFri Aug 19, 2022 7:59 am

I dont think the monitor output of the webpresenter is 29.97.

It is rather 50 or 60 Fps.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Alastair

Re: TV Studio HD won't recognize Web Presenter HD signal

PostFri Aug 19, 2022 4:41 pm

I think you're probably right, and I've found a second HDMI monitor to dedicate to the web presenter, but I feel it's pretty disappointing product design from Black Magic.

If the monitor out of the hyperdeck conforms to the standard you set in its settings, why on earth doesn't the web presenter monitor out do so too? In short, why is the web presenter intentionally incompatible with the TV Studio HD?

I guess I was naive in thinking that integrating BM products with other BM products would be straightforward!

This said, and monitoring aside, the Web Presenter seems to be doing its job just fine.

Now ... anyone had any luck using a Verizon MiFi M2100 as the cellular backup connection to a web presenter?

Return to Live Production