Workflow question - splitting vidoe into clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SpiderKenny

Workflow question - splitting vidoe into clips

PostMon Sep 26, 2022 2:46 pm

Hello everyone
I'd like some advice on workflow.
I've come from using FCP for years (almost 20 years!) and really want to get into Resolve.

Can someone suggest the best workflow for this type of thing:
I have a 1 hour long video, and I need to split it up into separate clips and save each one separately.

Is there a way I can add, say chapter markers, or maybe 'cuts' and then render each chapter or clip as a separate file? Or an even better way to achieve the same thing?

Ellory Yu

Re: Workflow question - splitting vidoe into clips

PostMon Sep 26, 2022 4:31 pm

Create a project in Resolve and import the 1 hour clip. Add the clip to the Edit timeline. Using the Edit blade tool, cut the clip into the desired clips you want to have. After you completed cutting the clips, go to the Deliver page and select a render of your choice. In the Render settings, select “Individual Clips” and also set the file name with whatever prefix and counter you want under the Deliver files. Add it to the render queue and click on start render. That pretty much is it in a nutshell.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Return to DaVinci Resolve