Resolve and GPU

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

BMWFan

Resolve and GPU

PostThu Sep 29, 2022 2:25 pm

I used to be able to use Resolve on my desktop with on-board graphics (HD 4000) but it seems to not be supported on the newer versions of Resolve.

I also have the Blackmagic Intensity 4K card in the same computer. Is it possible to use that to make it able to use Resolve on my PC? I'm thinking not, but thought it may be worth asking. Possible to use the Intensity 4K instead of buying a video card? Or get Resolve to work with any other work-arounds? Or maybe with an older version of Resolve? If an older version, are they still available to download? And which version might work?

I'm not editing anything fancy. Just Microsoft Teams-recorded video captures.

Jim Simon

Re: Resolve and GPU

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 5:38 pm

The Decklink is an I/O device. Resolve uses the GPU for all image processing, so you do need that.

For such modest needs, maybe try a consumer NLE like Filmora or Shot Cut?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Andy Mees

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 6:21 pm

BMWFan wrote:I used to be able to use Resolve on my desktop with on-board graphics (HD 4000) but it seems to not be supported on the newer versions of Resolve.
BMWFan wrote:Is it possible to use... an older version of Resolve? If an older version, are they still available to download? And which version might work?
Per your first line, if you were able to use your existing hardware with an earlier version of Resolve then that same earlier version should work with it now, assuming all things are equal. You can download earlier versions back as far as v10 on the 'Support' page... just scroll back through the Lastest Downloads section.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 9:04 pm

Resolve 16.2.8 is the last version that will run on an Intel HD 4600 iGPU. Probable that it also works with an HD 4000, I just don't have one to test with.

Resolve versions back to 10.1.5 are all available in the DaVinci Resolve/Fusion area of the BMD Support page on the BMD website:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve