Issues with Camtasia using Intensity Pro 4K as source

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

HansenJC

Issues with Camtasia using Intensity Pro 4K as source

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 5:53 pm

I am trying to record the output from my Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K internal capture card using Camtasia. first I used Camtasia 9 and had difficulty getting it to work but eventually I got it to record. That was yesterday, and now today I cannot replicate yesterday's success. So I downloaded the current version of Camtasia 2022 and I receive an error message when trying to select the Intensity Pro as a source. the message suggests that the driver may not be correct. However, I have the current driver and I am able to use the intensity Pro 4K card as a source for other software such as Zoom. I am also able to record using the Blackmagic Media Express software. So I am confident that the camera, cable, and intensity Pro 4K capture card are working properly.
Is there some incompatibility with my camera, Blackmagic hardware, and Camtasia? The camera is a Canon M50II.
The error message that I received from Camtasia is: "Failed To Add Video Sampler".

Eric-Jan

Re: Issues with Camtasia using Intensity Pro 4K as source

PostSat Mar 25, 2023 5:35 pm

sometimes de install and install the software apps helps, or some times the security of the OS "kicks in"
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

HansenJC

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 5:58 pm

I uninstalled the Camtasia and then re-installed the software, but this did not solve the issue. If the issue is caused by the Windows 11 OS, how can that be solved? ZOOM and OBS Studio are able to access the Intensity Pro 4K as a source with no issues.
What other solutions can be used?

Eric-Jan

PostSun Apr 02, 2023 2:55 am

To capture, and have full control over the Intensity Pro 4K, BMD Media Express which is installed with their Desktop Video Setup, is the best way to go, afther that you can use any software to do your post workflow.

Their Desktop Video Setup driver/tool you should use at least, because it sets the features of this BMD card, no other software can do that, otherwise you should look for other hardware.

Looks like your Camtasia software lacks support for your current setup, and you have to seek support from Camtasia sources, their support or forum.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started