Decklink Quad HDMI - Device Not Detected

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

T2Cheetor

Decklink Quad HDMI - Device Not Detected

PostMon Dec 02, 2019 12:28 am

Hello,

I recently purchased the Decklink Quad HDMI and have experienced significant difficulty installing the product. This is not my first Blackmagic product, as I've used PCI-E and USB 3 Intensity devices in the past. Upon installing the card and drivers/software, the card is recognized by Windows and the drivers appear to be installed properly in the device manager, but the Blackmagic software will not recognize the device. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers/software many times, using different versions, but have had no success. I've tried swapping my GPU and the Decklink card, placing the Decklink in the first PCI-E slot. I've disabled all other startup applications and ensured the OS is up to date. My BIOS also appears to be the most recent version.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77 WS
BIOS: Version 3505
GPU: NVidia 2080 Ti
CPU: Intel 3770K

Again, the drivers appear to be installed and the device is listed in the device manager without warnings of any kind. It's simply that the Blackmagic software will not detect the device. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Xtreemtec

Re: Decklink Quad HDMI - Device Not Detected

PostMon Dec 02, 2019 7:51 pm

After the reboot when the software was installed. Did it prompt for a Firmware upgrade on the card?

If not. Hit Ctrl Alt Del, Go to Task manager, > Processes > BMDUpdateHelper and trigger it to start. Or go to the DesktopVideo folder and find the Updater there. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

T2Cheetor

PostMon Dec 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:After the reboot when the software was installed. Did it prompt for a Firmware upgrade on the card?

If not. Hit Ctrl Alt Del, Go to Task manager, > Processes > BMDUpdateHelper and trigger it to start. Or go to the DesktopVideo folder and find the Updater there. ;)

I'll try this as soon as I get home from work. Thanks!

smithclarkson01

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 1:53 am

As far as I know Black Magic cards / software does not auto detect the input it receives, meaning the settings have to match the input. Try setting your PS4 to 1080p and the Black Magic to search for 1080p / 59.94.

Xtreemtec

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 4:58 pm

Blackmagic Software Updater is the tool that scans if you card has the correct FW inside.
restart this tool or right click, go to file location and trigger it yourself.

And you might also need the Desktop Video Updater.

4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

T2Cheetor

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Blackmagic Software Updater is the tool that scans if you card has the correct FW inside.

Strange, I don't remember seeing the Blackmagic Software Updater on the system. I'll check again once I am home.

T2Cheetor

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 1:03 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Blackmagic Software Updater is the tool that scans if you card has the correct FW inside.

Thank you so much! That did the trick. I enabled Blackmagic Software Updater in the startup options and then rebooted. Once the system came back up the firmware update ran and the card was immediately recognized. Everything is working properly now.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Great you solved it. Was happy to assist. :D

aubreywagner

PostThu Jan 18, 2024 11:50 pm

Hi, I am having the same problem as this gentleman, however I am using a Mac. Everything has been set up correctly and everything is plugged in, but the mac is not reading an devices through the card.

Mt. Bee

PostFri Feb 02, 2024 11:50 am

Hello
I have the same problem :-(

After each restart of the Windows 10 computer, the Decklink Quad HDMI no longer finds any sources.
I have to reinstall the program every time / every Day.

No other error messages, card installed correctly, no driver errors or anything else.
Simple: No sources found.

After the reinstallation, the card finds all connected sources.
This is of course very annoying and inconvenient.

Yesterday all the sources suddenly stopped without touching the computer, I had walked for 10 minutes to the office to get something and when I got back all the sources were gone.
The computer stands firmly on the floor, no movement, card is firmly installed in the slot and attached...

This now scares me that the next time I produce something with the customer:
Live streaming with HDMI cameras and OBS that suddenly the card fails during recording!!!

Is there currently a solution for this???

I still have the Elgato Cam Link Pro in reserve and it has never caused any problems.
Unfortunately, the card can only do FullHD, but if the Blackmagic card continues to cause problems, I will send it back...

Is there help with new drivers or settings for the problem?

Return to Getting Started