Dropped frames- occasionally to constantly.

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

liblab1919

Dropped frames- occasionally to constantly.

PostThu Dec 26, 2019 8:19 pm

I am an Assistant Librarian at a public library, and we have been using Media Express to capture from VHS for about a year in our Digital Media Lab. My set up is as follows: a Panasonic AG-1350 VCR, an AV Toolbox AVT-8710 TBC, a BlackMagic Ultra Studio HD Mini w/Thunderbolt Interface, and a Dell XPS w/Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card.

Up until recently, dropped frames only occurred once or twice per capture, if at all. However, the past two times I've been working, it happens every 4 minutes and 12 seconds or so. I would think that it was the VCR or the tape, but this happened the first time when a DVR camera was hooked up instead of the VCR. Since it has happened with two different devices, and none of my other settings have changed, I'm just not sure how to proceed.

I'm basically learning as I go with all of this, so I was hoping someone here could shed some light on what might be occurring and how I can go about fixing it.

Return to Getting Started