Unable to detect Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Bean_Soap

Unable to detect Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Hello I tried looking for the answer but there's just to much to sort through...

Just got a new a 27' 5k Mac now running Catalina ... so ended up buying the Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt but the Mac does not find the capture device. I've sent emails to Blackmagic support three weeks ago and still not got any answer. What do I need to do to get this running? I've tried two different (new) USB-c cords as well
Thx

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Unable to detect Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 7:06 pm

I was able to look into the situation a bit further and it appears that when you entered in your email address on the support page form, it was not entered correctly. That said, I see another email was sent recently and a response was sent to you. Do check your email from the support team and provide the additional information or you can also seek guidance from other users here.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Bean_Soap

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Blackmagic support has responded via email and the solution hopefully is an adapter. The shuttle is a thunderbolt 2 while the USB-C is 3. Let's try it out.

Eric-Jan

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 10:58 pm

What i understand is : Thunderbolt 3 is not the same as USB-C in some cases it's compatible,
but in this case the Thunderbolt 2 device needs to be adapted to the Thunderbolt 3 interface of the Mac ?
both "sides" are Thunderbolt, there is no USB-C present in this case.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started