Blackmagic Keyboard in Windows

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Scott Stevens

Blackmagic Keyboard in Windows

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 1:55 am

I just purchased a Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve Editor Keyboard. I know it will take some getting used to but I didn't know it was optimized for macOS rather than the Windows I have been using since 1994 (actually DOS 6.0). I didn't realize that Macs don't have a Backup key. I've checked online on how to make the Delete key move right and the MacOS key combination is Fn+Delete. Unfortunately this combination does not work in Windows 10 or at least not on my machine. Does anyone know how to Delete to the right?
Also the number pad doesn't have a NumLock key. I did find a workaround online: open the screen keyboard > turn on the NumLock in that > close the on-screen keyboard. It works but is there a way to keep the NumLock on each time I boot up?

Looking forward to learning this keyboard and Resolve 16. Right now I have to fix half the keystrokes I do. Without a Backspace it's even harder. I shoulda learned something about Macs years ago but now I'm old and learning Android is hard enough.

Scott Stevens

Return to Getting Started