Interference lines in S-Video connection

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

qwertz73

Interference lines in S-Video connection

PostWed Feb 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Hello
Sorry my english is bad :mrgreen:

I have an "Intensity Pro 4K" card which I connect using the S-Video adapter supplied with the card to an S-VHS VCR.

The problem with this connection is that there are lines of interference that appear. No problem in composite or YUV. The problem is not with the VCR or the S-Video cable. I connected it in S-Video to a Canopus and the lines of interference do not appear.

Intensity Pro 4K (S-Video) 10 secondes capture .AVI (60.7Mo)
https://mega.nz/#!bSoRnBBD!bshLgRvk0tV2 ... lWzsBVpib4

Canopus (S-Video) 10 secondes capture .AVI (36.1Mo)
https://mega.nz/#!GSxD1ZiJ!BvMhWyQgXdNV ... DePP3sKJqc

I hope to find the solution. thank you

Eric-Jan

Re: Interference lines in S-Video connection

PostFri Feb 28, 2020 10:17 pm

I think this interferrence is minimal, you won't notice this when using normal video content,
the interferrence could be RF from surrounding devices, or potential differences generated by the different devices connected to eachother, extra grounding to the metal parts could help, or a different cable orientation/placement.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Thomas_H

Re: Interference lines in S-Video connection

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 3:49 pm

Hello

I have exactly the same problem as you.
Bought my intensity pro 4k card three years ago and haven't used analog in before,
but need it now and saw that there are lines all over the picture with the s-video input.
Composite has some interference but it is barely visible and component appears to be without interference.

I tested the analog output of the card with a video file without interference, and there the image is clean. So it is only the video input that has the problem.

I thought the card was broken but not sure.

When did you buy your card?

Read on another forum that someone had similar problems and had their card replaced and the new card had no interference. It seems strange if only some cards have the problem.

I've tried all the drivers from 10.8 to 11.5 and the problem always exists.

The latest firmware for the card is in the driver 10.9.5 but it made no difference.

I need s-video to record some vhs tapes, so it's not good that it doesn't work.

And getting the card replaced after three years probably won't work, but it would have been good to try another intensity pro 4k card.

Return to Getting Started