Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt help!

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

ljmj81

Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt help!

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm

I've just bought an Intensity Shuttle with Thunderbolt connection to connect to my macbook pro, running High Sierra (10.13.5). I installed the software from the SD card (Desktop video 11.4), it asked to allow the apps etc however I could not connect to the device through my macbook as it showed no video signal.
After having had a look through these forums, I've done pretty much everything already stated on here - it's showing as no device connected in system report, I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried different cables etc, terminal prompts on restart, all to no avail. Just can't get my head round why it won't work. In addition, when I do reinstall, many replies state that I will have to allow the app access under security settings - each time I've reinstalled, it's not shown on there.
Is there something obvious I'm missing?!

apelle

Re: Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt help!

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi,
I'm having the same issue with UltraStudio Mini Recorder (TB2).
The device shows up in System Profiler (under the Thunderbolt section) but Desktop Video Setup stays with the message "No Desktop Video Device Detected".
I'm on macOS 10.13.6, and I've tried many different version of Desktop Video and every trick proposed on this forum (I've probably rebooted my MacBook Pro 20 times in a morning).

Hoping for a solution...

Thanks in advance.

Return to Getting Started