Older HD Canon isn't recognized

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

ElReyVideo

Older HD Canon isn't recognized

PostMon May 11, 2020 12:06 am

the camera is a Canon XH A1s - I had it in HD mode with 3 plug component and got no response. I also plugged in the Composite&audio wire (changed to SD Mode) got no response.

Roger Casas

Denny Smith

Re: Older HD Canon isn't recognized

PostWed May 13, 2020 4:26 am

What are you connecting the camera too? It’s output is probably interlaced HD 1080i, not progressive, SD is interlaced.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

PostWed May 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Yeah indeed what are you connecting it too??

I had this camera in the past.. It does Component 1080i. Had this running with a Analog > Sdi mini converter to my old Atem 1me on sdi.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

ElReyVideo

PostSun May 17, 2020 7:33 pm

Thank you for responding. I was attempting to connect to older laptop computer (for mobility) it wasnt recognized. I hooked it upp to my i7 desktop video editing computer and it looks great. but i can't get the audio to play through. The audio meter is active when i play back a video clip so i know it's recorded, however i can't hear it through my computer. I have changed all the sound choices window 10 offers and still no sound plays.

Any idea?

Roger Casas

Sander Vreuls

PostMon May 18, 2020 8:20 pm

You still haven't said what product you are connecting it to?

What is the interface between camera and computer?

ElReyVideo

PostTue May 19, 2020 1:57 am

Black Magic Intensity 3.0 USB to i7 Windows 10 computer 16GB Ram

Roger

Eric-Jan

PostTue May 19, 2020 2:35 pm

Check out the max. resolution specs of the Intensity Shuttle, this should even be checked before buying any Intensity product, if you already have set your mind to the purpose of use.
You need to set both Desktop Video Setup and Media Express for resolution, and Desktop Video Setup also for the correct video input, component in your case, analog audio wil be the red & white RCA's (HDMI has already embedded audio) during capture you should see response of the green VU bars, you should not see the red color, in that case you should remove the check mark at the HiFi level(s) option, and move the linked sliders to the left, for less volume.

Or.. depending on what you want to "capture" from the live "camera feed", and, if your version of the camera has the SDI connection, you might want to go with another approach....
UltraStudio Mini Recorder, Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Assist 6G. Davinci Resolve 15 > Sierra, Resolve 16 > Catalina. Media Express, MacX Video Converter Pro, UniConverter (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on MacBook Pro hardware)

Denny Smith

PostTue May 19, 2020 5:12 pm

The Canon XH A1s does not have SDI, this was a feature on the XLH1a cameras, the next model up.
The XHA1only has Component HD or Composite. Camera resolution is HDV: 1080i/60i, 1080i/30, 1080i/24fPs, along with SD.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Getting Started