Ethernet woes with Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sp_roehm

Re: Ethernet woes with Mini Pro

PostSun May 17, 2020 4:01 am

Hi,

I recently ran into the same issue. The ATEM Mini Pro set-up is not very well documented to this regard. Do this:

1) Connect a USB to USB-C cable from your computer to the ATEM Mini or ATEM Mini Pro
2) Connect a CAT5 Ethernet cable from the ATEM Mini or Atem Mini Pro to your computer (or an Ethernet switch that both your computer and ATEM Mini/Pro are connected to)
3) Start the ATEM Software Control application. Click on the left of the two circle buttons to configure the networking in formation ((IP, Gateway, Netmask, etc.).

Once you have done this, the ATEM Software Control will communication with the ATEM Mini/Pro with no issues.

I hope this helps!

singingzoologist

PostTue Jun 02, 2020 1:20 pm

Well, I got this working soon after posting this so I deleted the post. I'm having the same issue again, came back to the forum and just found your reply. Thanks so much for trying but that isn't working. You're telling me to start the ATEM Software Control Panel but I think you mean start the ATEM Setup utility, right?

I do EXACTLY what the manual says but when I hit "connect," it just says that no switcher is connected.

Previously, I thought I had a bad ethernet cable and I do have a new cable in the mix so I guess I'll order another one.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to be able to stream directly on FB but this was the basis for going with the Pro version so I'd feel better if I could get it working.
Lucas Miller
www.singingzoologist.com
Youtube.com/user/biorhythms
ATEM Mini Pro

markgoldfarb

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Same Problem I can see the Mini in setup but cannot get it to connect in control

roger.magnusson

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 3:13 am

I’ve had this same issue on three different computers the first time I tried to connect. In all three cases it was solved by unplugging the power to the ATEM temporarily. After that connecting works as expected (no need to unplug again after that).

EZDblHighC

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 5:42 am

Is there any other suggested solution to the ATEM setup program not recognizing the ATEM Mini Pro besides turning it on and off? I turned the ATEM min pro off waited and then turned it on and the setup program still won't recognize it.

Return to Live Production