Cinema DNG in Premiere Pro problems

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

ELARS85

Cinema DNG in Premiere Pro problems

PostMon May 18, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi there,

Just getting back in to editing and have been shooting some Cinema DNG footage in my now old BMPCC.
I don't know if I missed an update or something but I don't seem to be able to view my footage in Premiere Pro (latest 14.0.1). I can't remember having any problem editing Cinema dog files from my camera 2 or 3 years ago but now all that happens is as follows.

I import the file from the media browser in Premiere. I can see the thumbnail and should be able to see it sort of play when I move the curser over it but it just turns black (except on the edges). I also can't play it in canvas or in any way in the program.

I downloaded and got the latest plug in of this Braw program. And I can't even open a Cinema Dng file in it.

Help someone!

Thanks!
/Eric

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Cinema DNG in Premiere Pro problems

PostTue May 19, 2020 3:34 am

I'm not sure PPro supports CDNG anymore.
Do the clips play on DaVinci Resolve?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

ELARS85

PostTue May 19, 2020 11:47 am

Hi and thanks Peter.

I've been catching up on the developments during my hiatus and I think I'm still a bit
confused about the whole cinema dng thing. It seems that a lot of video tutorials seem to have it
the way my memory works, witch is that you just import the files and no problem lets start editing.

Others say you have to use Davinci Resolve to import. I WILL TRY NEXT, just never had to use it.
I do remember that I edited a lot of RED raw footage as well so I might be confused about whether
I did use DNG files or not.

ELARS85

PostWed May 20, 2020 11:55 am

Well finally gave up, and converted them to Prores since it was not to many clips and the rest of my project was in Prores.

Thanks anyway

Denny Smith

PostWed May 20, 2020 3:03 pm

PP does not support CDNG, hasn’t for a long time...
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Getting Started