Intensity shuttle frame rate

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Petter Opsahlseter

Intensity shuttle frame rate

PostTue May 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Hello. I have a strange question (I think)... With my intensity shuttle I have captured some old super 8 footage using the HDMI input. The original frame rate of this film footage is 24 fps with sound, but to aviod flicker I had to capture with projector speed reduced to 16.66 fps. In the final capture-file both sound and picture are too slow and the wrong speed obviously. My question is: How can I correct this speed after capture and what should the speed be corrected to? The final speed are automaticly converted to 25 fps by the shuttle I think...

Eric-Jan

Re: Intensity shuttle frame rate

PostTue May 19, 2020 5:51 pm

My guess is you should "play" with the shutter speed of your HDMI camera too, experiment also with interlaced and progressive mode of the HDMI camera, what looks best, but the real experts on this will be in de Cinematography group, or Post Production group, of the forums here.
You should then also give more details of the equipment used, this will help "setting things" the correct way.
UltraStudio Mini Recorder, Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Assist 6G. Davinci Resolve 15 > Sierra, Resolve 16 > Catalina. Media Express, MacX Video Converter Pro, UniConverter (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on MacBook Pro hardware)

Return to Getting Started