Issues with Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

acr_fr

Issues with Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0

PostThu May 28, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi there!

I'm the proud owner of an Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 since yesterday. I bought it to stream my consoles on Twitch after I read that it was good for MacOS and better than some others. However, this hasn't been my experience so far.

It is said that we can use 1080p but it appears that it is false advertising in my case. I tried 1080p with my PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch: none of them work that way. After some research and only finding messages that are at least 3 years old, I see that it only works in 720p which in 2020 seems ludicrous. But I tried it anyway. Only the Xbox One and the Nintendo Switch works. I have nothing no picture or sound with the PS4 or PS3.

Speaking of sound, I could only hear some when using the analog out (HDMI embedded is useless). Also I see the bars moving in various software but I can't find a way to hear anything directly on my computer.

I really hope someone can help me, I'm this close to return it and switch to the competition.

My specs: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017) - 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 - 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Thanks

carlomacchiavello

Re: Issues with Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 4:10 pm

if i remember correctly most of that device had hdpc protection that cause problem on recording / manage stream of that device on capture card broadcast, check the framerate and kind of signal out from that device when you connect to intensity.
In general if work at 720p mean that i remember wrong about hdpc, but you should see in 720 and 1080. check frame rate, frequency that meet intensity shuttle, often console send out many signals and not alls are supported from capture cards.

Eric-Jan

Re: Issues with Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 8:34 pm

The Intensity Shuttle has a limited support for frame rates at 1080p check your console settings, and if there's a setting for switching off HDCP if thats' used on the console in question..
BMD products will not defeat any copyright protection, because it's not legal to do so.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started