HDMI input shows no picture

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

tomdfrog

HDMI input shows no picture

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 8:11 pm

I am running out of ideas? Maybe my card is simply no good. Being home these days, I am finally trying to figure out my Intensity Pro (not 4k) and my MacPro. Why o WHY! can I not get an image in Media Express using HDMI?

So, MacPro 2010 running High Sierra and BlackMagic Driver 11.3 with an Intensity Pro PCIe card.

I can capture video with RCA and S-Video. When I try to use HDMI I get nothing. I have made sure I am using the HDMI on the outside not the one in the middle. VERY hard to find good info on which is which but I did find modern 4k diagrams which indicate the middle one if HDMI out.

When I plug the HDMI cable into a Display from my device, I see the video playing. The playing device is a Toshiba VHS/DVD player. Plugged into my display, I can watch VHS and DVD (discs with or without copy protection). Sound and video work fine.

I have set Video Input to HDMI. I have tried every manner of output in Media Express and BlackMagic Desktop Video. I simply cannot get an image or sound to appear with HDMI. I also cannot get an image via HDMI as output to my display from the Intensity Pro card. Essentially, only the big break-out plug cable adapter seems to work. I can see video and sound via RCA or S-video in Media Express and on my AV display through that.

Is the card busted or am I seriously missing something?

Return to Getting Started