Studio - Activation Key & New Updates

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mark ID

Studio - Activation Key & New Updates

PostMon Jun 15, 2020 12:26 am

Hello - hopefully someone can take the time to riddle me this...

I recently paid for the activation key... and then downloaded the studio version. It seems that every time there is a new version I think I need to go to the website and find the link and download the studio version of the update.

I don't think the studio version just comes to me when I get the notification that there is a new version to download. So I have been editing with the updated version of Lite instead of Studio - and ran into a small issue with some interlaced footage that I need to de-interlace - only available in Studio...

Just hope someone who knows will confirm this is the only way to stay updated with Studio...

Thank you.

Mark

ricardo marty

Re: Studio - Activation Key & New Updates

PostMon Jun 15, 2020 1:58 am

When you open dr studio 16 and up it will let you know if an update is available.

Ricardo Marty
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Studio - Activation Key & New Updates

PostThu Jun 18, 2020 2:57 am

Mark ID wrote:Hello - hopefully someone can take the time to riddle me this...

I recently paid for the activation key... and then downloaded the studio version. It seems that every time there is a new version I think I need to go to the website and find the link and download the studio version of the update.

I don't think the studio version just comes to me when I get the notification that there is a new version to download. So I have been editing with the updated version of Lite instead of Studio - and ran into a small issue with some interlaced footage that I need to de-interlace - only available in Studio...

Just hope someone who knows will confirm this is the only way to stay updated with Studio...

Thank you.

Mark

You downloaded the free non Studio version and they are different. Resolves update message lets you download and update but does not auto download or install as its a big package.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve