Problem with my intensity shuttle

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

graziano

Problem with my intensity shuttle

PostFri Jun 19, 2020 6:24 am

Hi guys, yesterday I received the intensity shuttle usb 3 which I promptly mounted. There are several problems that I would like you to help me solve.
The device does not recognize the incoming HDMI signal from the SDI-HDMI converter (Speaka Professional 1080p60) despite having appropriately configured the acquisition device. I did this test: I sent the same signal of arrival to the device through an hdmi recorder, so that the signal was passing through (avermedia recorder). In this case, the signal is recognized and recorded correctly by the intensity shuttle. Furthermore, the intensity shuttle is not able to recognize the input signal for the composite and s-video inputs appropriately selected by the settings.

Do you think it could be a degraded signal problem? Are there any devices that amplify the input signal?
What could be the problem?
Thanks

Eric-Jan

Re: Problem with my intensity shuttle

PostSat Jun 20, 2020 4:48 pm

Analog video signals should be "clean" VHS and other analog tape formats are not "that" clean, it helps when you use a passthrough device like a dvd-recorder.
HDMI can go wrong when there's HDCP is involved, or it goes wrong with the HDMI negotiation, here also helps a passthrough device like a HDMI2HDMI audio extractor, but not all these devices will work, you should never "up" the HDMI version, 1.3 seems to be safe.
Input resolutions should be exact for the Intensity Shuttle otherwise it won't work.
What material are you trying to capture transfer ?
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started