Properly uninstall DaVinci Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Laurent_blue

Properly uninstall DaVinci Resolve

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi there,

I had a mess with 2 Windows sessions (admin ant not) to install and so I wanted to uninstall and reinstall properly. Sadly, I certainly create an error when desinstalling, as I have now the message "A newer version is already installed, please uninstall it in Control Panel first." when I want to install.

I have nore more "DaVinci" programm to uninstall, nore Blackmagic, in any way in Control Panel.
I used "total Uninstaller" programm to check everywhere, including register, and there is no more files on the computer (anyway, no files could be found). I still have the message, so I can't use the programm : no way to install (message...) and no way to uninstall more.

Where do I have to check to find any last file of DaVinci? Where or what does the programm check in order to say there is a newer version already installed?
Will it solve automaticaly with the next newer version?

Thanks in advance

Battle_Unicorn

Re: Properly uninstall DaVinci Resolve

PostThu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi
I am having the same problem- only 1 windows session open.
I know this post is old but i was wondering if you ever got a solution since i see that noone ever replied.

Laurent_blue

PostFri Sep 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Nope, not yet. I'm waiting for the next version to try to reinstall it.

Charles Bennett

PostSat Sep 12, 2020 10:22 am

Do you know what version you had installed before trying to uninstall? If so, and there is a newer version try installing that. If it installs, try uninstalling that and then reinstall. If you do the uninstall in Control Panel/Programs and Features, which is the correct way, you should not encounter this problem.
Resolve 16.2.7.008 (free)
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 4 core @ 3.60GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX1060/6GB (452.06 Studio), Win 10 Home-18363, 2 Screens
Pro Tools 2018.4
Dell Workstation, 2 X 4 core Xeon , 16GB ECC RAM, GTX650, Win 7 Ultimate, Digi 002R, 3 Screens

Return to DaVinci Resolve