Buy Bmpcc 4K now or wait?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Heerismetu

Buy Bmpcc 4K now or wait?

PostSat Aug 08, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi i’m interested in Blackmagic cameras and i’m considering a Bmpcc 4K

the only negative for me is that this modell is already available for 2 years and i would be very dissapointed that they might introduce a new modell (update) in a while..

I’m not in a hurry, so what should i do? Buy or wait?

What might be the pros and cons?

I’m a newbee so that’s the reason for asking. Hope someone could give me some advice.

Thank you upfront.

Cheers Mitchell

Ellory Yu

Re: Buy Bmpcc 4K now or wait?

PostMon Aug 10, 2020 7:39 pm

You are the only one who can answer your questions because you are the only one who knows why you want a camera in the first place.

Cameras are like cars, they come out with a new model as soon as you drive one out of the lot. :lol:
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

totalvamp

PostTue Aug 11, 2020 12:30 am

It depends on your current situation, do you own many MFT lenses for example?

I'm still looking for a second BMPCC4K, however the prices are too much over here now. Maybe the 2nd hand market will be better.
System:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
64GB Trident Z 2933Mhz
RTX 3090

Denny Smith

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 6:29 pm

I have a new open box Pocket. 4K camera with six months warranty left, available. See my listing in Off Topic, mor PM me for details.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

HansSpoor

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 11:20 am

The BMPCC 4K is around €1385 in The Netherlands, and in stock at most shops - the newer camera is the BMPCC 6K....
Blackmagic is still supporting this camera, the latest large change was in April this year - new features are added by software upgrade. So, it is not an ‘outdated’ camera.
The additional costs are in another area: what are you going to do with the camera? I use the BMPCC4K for 1 hour theatre performances, so I’m using some MFT Veydra prime lenses, and recently added a DZOfilm zoom, but there is a list of cheaper MFT photo lenses here on the forum. Video lenses are more expensive then the camera itself.
Further costs are batteries (I have to use external power, an internal battery does not last 1 hour), SD cards, CFAST cards, or external SSD, maybe a cage, tripod.

Good luck,
Hans

Return to Cinematography