Intensity Shuttle no audio

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

pyoungfox

Intensity Shuttle no audio

PostTue Aug 18, 2020 4:45 pm

I recently purchased an Intensity Shuttle to capture analog video. It works great when used with my MacBook Pro running Mohave, but I just got the latest iMac running Catalina and I get no no incoming audio. Video capture works great but Media Express detects no audio. I am running the latest version of Blackmagic Desktop Video 11.6 on both machines. I assume there must be some kind of codec or driver difference between Mohave and Catalina. Thoughts?

Richardestarkey

Re: Intensity Shuttle no audio

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 6:34 am

I'm having the same problem. Just updated to Catalina (clean install) and have no analogue audio coming out of the Intensity Shuttle.
Will try HDMI audio out and revert.

Eric-Jan

PostSat Jan 02, 2021 10:04 am

Always check the BMD Desktop Video Setup util/tool when starting the software.
Use the VU bars of Media Express for sound detection
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

pjwassermann

PostSat Jan 02, 2021 10:17 am

I have the same problem.

Desktop video Setup (11.7) is set to audio analog in. The VU meters initially show signal but immediately the meters get stuck at a certain level and don't move any more. No audio coming in.

Generally the Intensity Shuttle is completely unreliable also on the video side. Sometimes video signal comes in and then it takes 2-3 restarts of Media Express until video comes in again.

Do I need to update the firmware on the Shuttle? If yes how do I get the update?

Should we move to Desktop video Setup V12?

Thanks for your help!
PJ Wassermann

Return to Getting Started