No Audio Captured Using Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 (Premiere)

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

addfrench

No Audio Captured Using Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 (Premiere)

PostWed Sep 09, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help; this is my first post here. I'm digitizing some old media (VHS, MiniDV, Hi-8, 3/4" UMatic) and I'm using the Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 version with Adobe Premiere CC 2020 v14.3.2. Using a variety of playback devices (cameras, VCRs, etc.),

I'm using Composite RCA (red, white, yellow) connectors on each of them. I'm able to connect the camera to Premiere's Capture window and I'm able to capture video using the Shuttle just fine. The problem is, there's no audio being captured (even though it's set to capture both Audio and Video in Premiere). It's not a playback issue, there's just no waveforms on the Audio tab. All devices, when connected to my television, play back with audio just fine, so it's not a connection issue.

I've followed the instructions in the manual to no avail, but I'm still open to any and all suggestions as to how to get this up and running. Happy to answer any follow-up questions as they pop up.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Eric-Jan

Re: No Audio Captured Using Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 (Premi

PostFri Sep 11, 2020 11:31 pm

... try to setup the BlackMagicDesign software first, the Video Desktop setup tool, and Media Express, if this is O.K. then you know the hardware and system settings are good, and your problem lies in the Adobe software...

To capture/import, Media Express is a better option anyway, and on the MAC OS you can use the ProRes codec....
UltraStudio Mini Recorder, Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Assist 6G. Davinci Resolve 15 > Sierra, Resolve 16 > Catalina. Media Express, MacX Video Converter Pro, UniConverter (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on MacBook Pro hardware)

addfrench

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 1:36 pm

Hey there! Thanks for your help. I do have Video Desktop set up already and the connections are all good, it would appear. I'd heard that Media Express would be a better option but I can't seem to find any download links to get the software, so I'd assumed it was discontinued.

Where would I find a download link to Media Express?

Thanks so much!

Eric-Jan

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 4:52 pm

addfrench wrote:Hey there! Thanks for your help. I do have Video Desktop set up already and the connections are all good, it would appear. I'd heard that Media Express would be a better option but I can't seem to find any download links to get the software, so I'd assumed it was discontinued.

Where would I find a download link to Media Express?

Thanks so much!

Yep, many more people have the same complain.....
You go to the main BLackMagicDesign webpage, (Without the forum) you click on Support on the upper "taskbar" of the website, now scroll to the lower part of that page that is not yet "on screen" you get 3 collums, all can scroll seperately, you scroll in the 1st one, until you see "Desktop Video" (with the latest version number, without "SDK" SDK is someting else)
Desktop Video also includes Media Express, select the button of your Operating System choice, and go to the download option(s) with or without registering.....
That should be it.....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 18.42.29.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 18.42.29.png (734.3 KiB) Viewed 404 times
UltraStudio Mini Recorder, Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Assist 6G. Davinci Resolve 15 > Sierra, Resolve 16 > Catalina. Media Express, MacX Video Converter Pro, UniConverter (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on MacBook Pro hardware)

Return to Getting Started