Audio Monitor not receiving audio signal?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

smslavin

Audio Monitor not receiving audio signal?

PostFri Oct 09, 2020 11:57 pm

I just put together a flight case. Everything appears to be working except the Audio Monitor. It's routed through a VideoHub and only receiving on the SDI In. Resolutions and frame rates match between camera, ATEM 1 M/E, VideoHub and the Audio Monitor. Route on the VideoHub is valid. Input on the Audio Monitor is set to SDI and Ch1&2. The LCD is only showing bars.

I am using a Pocket 4k for this test. HDMI out from the camera is going to a HDMI/SDI micro converter then into the VideoHub. The audio does appear in the the Audio tab of the ATEM Software Control. The meters are moving for CAM1.

I am learning as I go with this as it is all new to me. Did I miss something in the setup?

smslavin

Re: Audio Monitor not receiving audio signal?

PostSun Oct 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Just a quick update. I figured this out. Total and complete operator error.

In the ATEM control software, I did not have the audio turned on for camera 1. Or any camera. Once I flipped the switch to on, the meter bars on the Monitor came to life.

So much to learn but I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

jbeech

Re: Audio Monitor not receiving audio signal?

PostTue Oct 13, 2020 2:47 pm

Moving to Resolve from Vegas and just purchased an ATEM Mini ISO and Pocket 4K cameras (which haven't arrived yet so I'm bored and poking around). Wouldn't be surprised if this had bitten me in the hind end as well - thanks for sharing!
--
John Beech

Return to Getting Started